Podiatrists are part of the health care team that specialises in the diagnosis and management of foot disorders & injuries associated with foot and lower limb function.
– Sports Podiatry – the specialty dealing with biomechanical, sporting & overuse complaints of the foot & lower limb, rather than general footcare such as toenails, callus or corns.
– Biomechanics of the feet and legs
– Video treadmill gait analysis
– Orthotic (arch support) prescription – premade & custom. Custom made ‘Sports Orthotics’ are flexible, cushioned and not rigid devices that block all foot movement.
– Orthotic repairs and recovers performed at our onsite workshop at the Bondi Junction clinic.
– Footwear evaluation & advice (casual, sports, industrial & safety)
– Medico-Legal Assessments and Reporting
– Routine footcare for nails, callus, corns, warts, diabetic care, etc. (Maroubra clinic only)
– Overuse complaints/injuries to the feet, ankles, knees, hips & lower back (when foot mechanics are a contributing factor). The conditions treated include, but are not limited to the following –
- plantar fasciitis treatment sydney
- Tibialis Posterior Dysfunction and Accessory Naviculars
- 1st MTP joint (big toe joint) Osteoarthritis and Bunions
- Plantar plate injuries
- Patellofemoral joint pain (Runner’s Knee)
- Medial Tibial Stress Syndrome (Shin Splints)
- Plantar Fasciitis (heel pain)
- Children’s “Growing Pains”
A doctor’s referral is not required to see the team at ‘Orthotic Solutions Podiatry’.